Filmmakers Academy – How To Be a DIT with Derek Johnson
Learn how to be a DIT from your kit to Live on set grading
- 7 Lessons
- 1.5 hours of instructional videos
Have your sights set on a career as a DIT or a Digital Loader? In How To Be a DIT, you’ll learn requirements for how to be a union DIT from the basics to the correct etiquette and proper protocols.
Gain confidence on set with lessons on color grading from professional DIT Derek Johnson. You’ll receive essential insight into Derek’s kit, the tools he keeps, in addition to his belt and cart. Derek also advises on the best practices for managing media and conducts a live grade scenario using Blackmagic’s DaVinci Resolve and takes you through the process behind secondary color correction.
- Detailed written breakdowns
- Side-by-side comparisons
- Guidance on tools for your kit
- Data management
- Advanced color correction tips & theories
Module 1 — Your DIT Kit
- DIT Tech Series: Preview
- DIT Tech Series: What is On My Belt
- DIT Tech Series: What is in My Set Bag
- DIT Tech Series: What is in My Tool Kit
- DIT Tech Series: What is on My DIT Cart
Module 2 — DIT Workflow
- DIT Tech Series: Workflow and Management
Module 3 — On Set Color Grading
- DIT Tech Series: Live Color Grades and LUTs
- DIT Tech Series: Advanced Color Grading
Derek Johnson is a Digital Loader/DIT with credits on commercials and films like Need for Speed, Nightcrawler, The Ridiculous 6, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Out of the Shadows. Johnson first began his career back in 2012 as an intern of Hurlbut Visuals before becoming the personal assistant of Shane Hurlbut, ASC. Derek’s career quickly progressed to working on major motion pictures.